September 6th was Fight Procrastination Day. Although we missed the opportunity to write something witty around the theme of procrastination, we want you to be proactive in keeping your personal and business finances in order. So, please make sure you meet these important tax deadlines if they apply to you or your business:
- September 15 – Estimated Federal Quarterly Taxes
- October 20 – Pennsylvania Quarterly Sales Taxes (July-September)
- October 31 – Quarterly Employment Tax Payments for 3Q 2020 (July-September)
September also marks the end of the third quarter so if you prepare quarterly budgets now is the time to start preparing your 4th quarter budget.
The 2019 tax filing extension date, October 15th, is fast approaching, so don’t forget to provide your documentation by September 30, 2020. If you haven’t requested your secure portal yet, please email us. Please note if your information is not provided by September 30th, there will be an expediting fee of $100.We are also continuing to offer our free courses for a limited time:
- To track your personal finances, the household budgeting webinar is free through September 30 (use coupon code COVID19).
- For business owners, our webinar “7 Crucial Steps to Starting a Business” is available and we would love to have your feedback!
We hope you will do as we say and not as we did and don’t procrastinate!
Mary T. Austin
CEO, MT Austin and Associates
Please check out our former issues of Financial Freedom Press and contact us if there is a question you have that we can cover in our next issue!