I’ve had to take some time to process all that has transpired this past week. The emotions, the traumatic videos, the grief, the worry and the racist actions and comments on social media all weigh heavy on me and my family. I am a black woman, the mother of a black son and daughter and George Floyd and Breonna Taylor’s murders are my worse nightmare. It is even more terrifying than a nightmare because the probability of it coming true is greater for my children than those who identify white in this country. We are not only tired of the racism and inequalities we experience on a regular basis, the numerous videos of police and random citizens disrespecting black bodies, but we’re tired of feeling that we have to walk around in a world, constantly on eggshells among people who do not cherish us.
So, I’m not here to only write a letter of solidarity, but also of appreciation for my clients who continue to support MT Austin and Associates. Whether you patronize this business specifically because it is a 100% woman and black owned company, or irregardless of that fact, I appreciate your patience this past week as I took time to just be with my family, to step away from the fear, the sadness, the trauma and the heaviness of it all to find some moments of peace. I love seeing the voice of people all over the world speaking out against the injustices and demanding change and I applaud every act of protest seen and unseen.
We appreciate you, and join you in the continued fight for a country that is safe for all of us. If you’re still looking for a cause to support, consider signing a petition to bring justice to Breonna Taylor or fund an organization that helps black men reach their full potential.
Stay tuned as we plan to offer a few of our more popular classes and financial wellness webinars for FREE in order to support our clients as you recover from the COVID19 pandemic. Please visit, like and get notifications from our RESTORATION STATION FACEBOOK PAGE to be the first to know about the dates and classes we’re offering.
Until the next newsletter, stay safe, practice physical distancing, wear your masks and practice radical self care!
As always, we’re here for you!
Many Happy Returns,
In September of 2017, Equifax announced a data breach that exposed the personal information of 147 million people. Under a settlement filed today, Equifax agreed to spend up to $425 million to help people affected by the data breach. If you were affected by the Equifax breach, you can’t file a claim just yet. That’s coming. But you can sign up for FTC email alerts about the settlement at ftc.gov/Equifax.
We like to keep our community informed. You can find more information about credit and money management on our Restoration Station Facebook page.
Read the entire article below:
What good is a budget if you have not first uncovered the reasons behind your frustration and struggle with savings and spending?
Do you want to understand and change your money mindset?
Join M Tonita Austin, the Wealth Activator for a two part money management series at an intimate and judgement-free environment at our Media office.
ONLY 10 seats for this intimate, hands-on event.
In the first session Tonita will teach you holistic tools and rituals, meditations and through journal writing help you discover your money mindset. The goal is to help you understand personal blockages to abundance and wealth in all areas of your life.
The second session, two weeks later will provide you with practical tips and tools for money management and the opportunity to get answers to questions about your personal finances. In the two hour session you will:
- learn new savings and spending habits
- secret tips to balancing your budget and bank account,
- understanding and restoring your credit
- learn how to calculate your net worth
- feel empowered and leave with tools to help you get on the road to financial stability and wellness
- gain confidence and peace of mind around money
All attendees will receive a workbook for the second session and there is an option to pay in two installments. This is the only time this workshop will be offered at this price point.
I hope I get the opportunity to support you! 💙
Happy July! MT Austin and Associates, LLC is offering a series of business and personal financial wellness workshops this month. The first is Budgets and Projections. As a business owner or Director of a non profit now is the time to start planning for a sustainable future. This is the only time this workshop will be offered at this price.
Please check out our page or calendar for more details
At the Restoration Station we believe the first step to financial freedom is creating a budget. When you are able to see your income and spending habits you can make better choices and begin to build wealth.
We’ve created for you, a three step video series and an easy to follow worksheet to not only walk you through the steps but to also help you move past the fear and uncertainty that often arises when thinking about your finances.
Sign up for our affordable online webinar TODAY and get on track with your spending!
Summer is coming (finally!) or at least summer-like weather, and it’s the time we start thinking about taking a few days, a week or if you’re lucky, a few weeks off to go away and enjoy some time alone or with your family and or friends. We want to splurge and live carefree yet vacations can be expensive. Can you have the best of both worlds, enjoying a few days away at your favorite vacation spot, without blowing the budget?
Yes you can, and the earlier you begin planning, the better. If you signed up for our budgeting webinar, you’re half way there! If you haven’t , it’s not too late to check it out or follow these seven tips to a carefree, guilt-free summer vacation:
- Budget your dream vacation: Take some time to look through some of your favorite hotels, resorts and beach spots and start pricing the cost of your trip. Make a budget which will include travel (gas/tolls or airfare/train/bus), food (see #7 below) and lodging.
- Decide on your vacation date(s): This step is important because it determines how much time you have to save for the vacation you want. The great thing about time is it’s flexible, so you can move the date if you need more time!
- Open a vacation savings account: If your bank doesn’t have a vacation savers account, open up an online savings account. It doesn’t matter where, just so it’s either at a bank or credit union far from you or online where you’re able to have it automatically transferred from your personal checking account. Make sure it’s not connected to a debit card so that you cannot make any impulsive decisions to tap into that money for anything slight of a medical emergency!
- Have a family meeting: Financial freedom is a family affair so get the family together and make the committment to plan and save for the vacation if you plan to go with family. Share the ideas and budget for the trip and get everyone involved in decisions about where to go and how they can help keep down spending until the vacation date. Empower the children by giving them the role of keeping lights off when not needed and saving some of their allowance to spend on vacation or earning a few dollars helping a neighbor rake the lawn.
- Place a photo of your destination in a central place for inspiration: Sometimes you need help to keep your committment to save. I know for myself it helps to have the picture of my goal in my face when those shoe or clothing store sales fill my mail box and I get the urge to buy a new pair of shoes that I really don’t need. It is a good reminder for me to stay the course!
- Keep an eye out for sales: If you know you or the family will need beach gear, keep an eye out for sales on the items you need. The one trick I share in my online workshop is to create a separate email address to be used solely for signing up on retail websites to get the specials, coupons and discount codes. When I’m ready to shop online or in stores, I just do a search for the store’s name and pull up their latest coupon and shop!
- Splurge on the memories, not the meals: You don’t have to splurge on every experience just because you’re on vacation. The best part about involving the family is finding out what experience is most important for everyone involved. The best memories made on vacations are usually those related to quality time, and you should consider that when you are budgeting. Whether it’s Disney or the local beach, we save by going to the nearest market, buying easy breakfast and lunch ingredients the children can make for themselves and one or two family dinners we can have together. We splurge on the kites we buy for the beach, the waffle cones and that one incredible restaurant, theme park or overpriced adventure that we all wanted to enjoy just for fun or to celebrate a special occassion.
So get started dreaming about your ultimate vacation and make it happen. You have time and now you have a plan. Let us know if this was helpful and share those amazing vacation photos too!
~ Financial health is the pathway to wealth~
If you’d like information about our personal financial wellness services for individuals and small business owners, visit our store at: bit.ly/shopmtaa
Join me and fellow business owners in releasing the financial frustration of owning your own business. We will gather in an intimate setting, release judgement and fear and be empowered and educated! Come as you are and I will share my 18 years of CEO wisdom to help you with:
Smart decision making
Making a profit in your business
We respect the need to budget so we are announcing in plenty of time to save or request a payment plan.
Sunday May 19th will be a special day of wealth, wisdom, and empowerment. here’s the link for more information and to sign up.
I hope to see you there!
Find the event on Facebook:
Get on track with your spending this year. Our no-stress three part household budgeting webinar is only $30 this month. Sign up now, lock in this introductory price and take it at your leisure .💙 👇🏿
Let today be your first step towards financial freedom! Announcing our FIRST Webinar for individuals offered by our financialliteracy division, The Restoration Station on July 22nd.
We understand you’re as busy as we are so we’re delivering the online lesson in three 25 minute sessions. Easily digestible, stepbystep instructions on how to set up your own household budget.
You will receive a separate electronic worksheet for you and any children in your household to apply the tools you will learn in the class. You will also be invited to the follow up Q&A on #Facebook and #instagram #live!
Sign up today to secure your spot!⤵️
This is the only time this class will be offered at the introductory price. Sign up and let us help you get on the train to financial freedom. I’ll see you at the station!💙 #thekeytowealth #firststeps to #financialhealth