What good is a budget if you have not first uncovered the reasons behind your frustration and struggle with savings and spending?
Do you want to understand and change your money mindset?
Join M Tonita Austin, the Wealth Activator for a two part money management series at an intimate and judgement-free environment at our Media office.
ONLY 10 seats for this intimate, hands-on event.
In the first session Tonita will teach you holistic tools and rituals, meditations and through journal writing help you discover your money mindset. The goal is to help you understand personal blockages to abundance and wealth in all areas of your life.
The second session, two weeks later will provide you with practical tips and tools for money management and the opportunity to get answers to questions about your personal finances. In the two hour session you will:
- learn new savings and spending habits
- secret tips to balancing your budget and bank account,
- understanding and restoring your credit
- learn how to calculate your net worth
- feel empowered and leave with tools to help you get on the road to financial stability and wellness
- gain confidence and peace of mind around money
All attendees will receive a workbook for the second session and there is an option to pay in two installments. This is the only time this workshop will be offered at this price point.
I hope I get the opportunity to support you! 💙
At the Restoration Station we believe the first step to financial freedom is creating a budget. When you are able to see your income and spending habits you can make better choices and begin to build wealth.
We’ve created for you, a three step video series and an easy to follow worksheet to not only walk you through the steps but to also help you move past the fear and uncertainty that often arises when thinking about your finances.
Sign up for our affordable online webinar TODAY and get on track with your spending!
Summer is coming (finally!) or at least summer-like weather, and it’s the time we start thinking about taking a few days, a week or if you’re lucky, a few weeks off to go away and enjoy some time alone or with your family and or friends. We want to splurge and live carefree yet vacations can be expensive. Can you have the best of both worlds, enjoying a few days away at your favorite vacation spot, without blowing the budget?
Yes you can, and the earlier you begin planning, the better. If you signed up for our budgeting webinar, you’re half way there! If you haven’t , it’s not too late to check it out or follow these seven tips to a carefree, guilt-free summer vacation:
- Budget your dream vacation: Take some time to look through some of your favorite hotels, resorts and beach spots and start pricing the cost of your trip. Make a budget which will include travel (gas/tolls or airfare/train/bus), food (see #7 below) and lodging.
- Decide on your vacation date(s): This step is important because it determines how much time you have to save for the vacation you want. The great thing about time is it’s flexible, so you can move the date if you need more time!
- Open a vacation savings account: If your bank doesn’t have a vacation savers account, open up an online savings account. It doesn’t matter where, just so it’s either at a bank or credit union far from you or online where you’re able to have it automatically transferred from your personal checking account. Make sure it’s not connected to a debit card so that you cannot make any impulsive decisions to tap into that money for anything slight of a medical emergency!
- Have a family meeting: Financial freedom is a family affair so get the family together and make the committment to plan and save for the vacation if you plan to go with family. Share the ideas and budget for the trip and get everyone involved in decisions about where to go and how they can help keep down spending until the vacation date. Empower the children by giving them the role of keeping lights off when not needed and saving some of their allowance to spend on vacation or earning a few dollars helping a neighbor rake the lawn.
- Place a photo of your destination in a central place for inspiration: Sometimes you need help to keep your committment to save. I know for myself it helps to have the picture of my goal in my face when those shoe or clothing store sales fill my mail box and I get the urge to buy a new pair of shoes that I really don’t need. It is a good reminder for me to stay the course!
- Keep an eye out for sales: If you know you or the family will need beach gear, keep an eye out for sales on the items you need. The one trick I share in my online workshop is to create a separate email address to be used solely for signing up on retail websites to get the specials, coupons and discount codes. When I’m ready to shop online or in stores, I just do a search for the store’s name and pull up their latest coupon and shop!
- Splurge on the memories, not the meals: You don’t have to splurge on every experience just because you’re on vacation. The best part about involving the family is finding out what experience is most important for everyone involved. The best memories made on vacations are usually those related to quality time, and you should consider that when you are budgeting. Whether it’s Disney or the local beach, we save by going to the nearest market, buying easy breakfast and lunch ingredients the children can make for themselves and one or two family dinners we can have together. We splurge on the kites we buy for the beach, the waffle cones and that one incredible restaurant, theme park or overpriced adventure that we all wanted to enjoy just for fun or to celebrate a special occassion.
So get started dreaming about your ultimate vacation and make it happen. You have time and now you have a plan. Let us know if this was helpful and share those amazing vacation photos too!
~ Financial health is the pathway to wealth~
If you’d like information about our personal financial wellness services for individuals and small business owners, visit our store at: bit.ly/shopmtaa
Get on track with your spending this year. Our no-stress three part household budgeting webinar is only $30 this month. Sign up now, lock in this introductory price and take it at your leisure .💙 👇🏿
SIGN UP HERE
Let today be your first step towards financial freedom! Announcing our FIRST Webinar for individuals offered by our financialliteracy division, The Restoration Station on July 22nd.
We understand you’re as busy as we are so we’re delivering the online lesson in three 25 minute sessions. Easily digestible, stepbystep instructions on how to set up your own household budget.
You will receive a separate electronic worksheet for you and any children in your household to apply the tools you will learn in the class. You will also be invited to the follow up Q&A on #Facebook and #instagram #live!
Sign up today to secure your spot!⤵️
This is the only time this class will be offered at the introductory price. Sign up and let us help you get on the train to financial freedom. I’ll see you at the station!💙 #thekeytowealth #firststeps to #financialhealth
#Financialwellness means purchasing a waterproof, fireproof chest to protect your important papers and computer backup in case of an emergency.
Are you prepared for a home fire or natural disaster?
One of the best gifts a parent or family member can give a child is the gift of education. Having a wealth mindset is asking your family to forgo the toys and wrap up a contribution to your child’s 529 Plan. It’s also a tax deduction so everyone wins! You have until December 31st to open an account if you haven’t already.
Many happy returns!
Visit the ACA website to search for options, prices and register before December 15th! You may have an extended enrollment period in states affected by the hurricanes:
Listen to the podcast of my interview with C Thomas Gambrell II of Birth A New Business where I share my secret to sustaining a home based business as a single parent! Click below to hear it. I’d love your comments and feedback. Did you hear something that was useful to you as an entrepreneur? ⤵️
Birth a New Business Podcast.